Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Computers - can't live without 'em, but can't exactly love 'em either! Mine developed awful technical complications a month back and I've only recently gotten it back to something approaching normal operations. My mantra now is "Back-up, back-up and back-up again." Believe me, it saves a heck of a lot of heartache and avoids a lot of wasted work.

Going for weeks without writing whilst the machine was fixed became rather painful! Now it's back, and I can get moving. I do love to write. I love to create new worlds and appealing characters, which I hope will give pleasure to all who read my work.

Today I began a new novel, a vampire-oriented romantica which has been banging around my head for a couple of years. Progress (so far) is good, at 2,500 words today. I don't quite know how long it'll eventually be; I'm a "pantzer," so it's anyone's guess. As a second string project, I have a sci-fi novel underway. When I run out of steam on the one, I can turn to the other and make progress. So many stories, so little time...





No comments: