Sunday, February 04, 2007


Windmills of the mind.

I'm back in cyber-circulation after my PC suffered major software problems. Believe me, it really pays to back-up your work as often as possible - and make more than one copy too.

The World War Two story I was working on is on ice for a while. Sometimes these storylines need to form over time in the writer's subconscious. Once they've worked themselves out, they practically write themselves. At the moment I'm working on a new historical novel set at the time of the Revolutionary War. Whilst researching the background for this I came to realize just how accidental the event was! It was one of those times in history when the actions of a few individuals had consequences that stretched far beyond their day. On such things can the world turn, and it makes for great story fodder.

No comments: